Wednesday, November 13, 2013

SWEET TO THE SOUL...




A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul.

Sweet to the soul, does anything sound better? Reading that sentence gives me a sense of relief, like a heavy weight has been lifted off of my shoulder, like I just finished a long race.

Tetelesti- the exact word that Jesus said right before he died on the cross- “it is finished” When I think about these words the same feelings rush over me, relief, peace, and unbounded joy. My longing to be with my creator has been fulfilled and nothing is sweeter to my soul. Everyday I get to wake up and be fulfilled because of his faithfulness. He satisfies every part of me. The fact is, it really is finished. But what is “it”? The answer: everything. I spend most of my day running around doing stuff-usually Young Life, I do contact work, I meet with other leaders, I lead a small group, I work really hard at making everything work for the kingdom. I get so busy and rushed that I often forget that it is all finished, the work has been done. My God is sovereign over all things. He is sovereign in my past, when I thought that I was too far-gone. He is sovereign over my life in the present, He knows how I am feeling and is working in me. He is sovereign over my future; He knows what job I will have, the man I will marry, and what I am going to do next summer. All of my worries are broken down by the truth- it is finished. The sweetest song to my soul is the fact that my Father is in control, He holds me, and I will forever be satisfied in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment