Tuesday, November 19, 2013

EXAMPLE:

I am an example of what The Lord does in this world.

My testimony or life story does not contain an epiphany moment in which I finally realized that Jesus was real and I wanted Him in my life. I simply believed since I was a kid. I have had moments of realization in my walk with God and some really radical shifts in my thinking but I could not give you a defining moment in my life where I accepted that Jesus is my savior. For a long time I wished that I did have a moment, I felt like my story needed a magical turning point, or some kind of crazy turnaround. But as I have matured more in my faith I realize that I am also blessed to not have a defining moment, I just accepted my faith as a child. I have known The Lord for a long time and have had a great walk with Him for many years. I am an example of what The Lord does in this world. One woman that goes to my church said this after sharing her story and it hit me that we are all examples of His work. Every story, every moment points to the work that God has done in our lives.

I started thinking about how I am truly an example of the transformation of death to life, even without a defining moment. Every day The Lord makes an example out of me, He brings darkness into light and leads me along His path. In Him I am an example of finding joy in pain. His grace for me is an example of His great love. His unfailing faithfulness that has beautifully broken me is an example to the world that He is good. 


Because of the life that The Lord has given me I no longer have to strive to ‘set a good example’, my life is an example. My world is transformed because I now let my savior live my life and that is the best example I could ever set for my friends. When I look at my life through this lens I can’t help but be filled with gratitude that I have been chosen to be an example of light that shines in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment