Wednesday, November 6, 2013

GOODNESS:

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, and leads me beside tranquil waters. He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His names sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of The Lord forever.” Psalm 23

I want every part of me to be good. I want to put good into my body, I want to be good to my body, and I want to be outwardly good. Now if I want my entire life to be good shouldn’t that translate into my whole being? I am so thankful that The Lord has filled my cup. I am full. But, He doesn’t stop there- He fills me to overflowing with all good things! I want to show that to the world. I want to drip Jesus. I want goodness to overflow and seep out of my pores, because He is my whole life. I want my life to show the love of Christ and represent the gospel. I want to love people well. I want good. I get excited because when I think of living my life out of this overflowing river of life my whole being shifts because I accept that I have all of this goodness, this peace, this patience, this faithfulness, this self-control, this gentleness, this love, and this joy. All of this The Lord has graciously given to me and all I can do is look to Him, and live with my eyes focused on the one who restores my soul.

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME.


I want to live knowing this is true and believing that the Holy Spirit in me overflows me with His goodness. I don’t want to put a lid on it. I want to let it aggressively rush over me so that I can be drenched in the kingdom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment